Are you a fan of the delicious herb crusted chicken from Texas Roadhouse? If so, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we will be sharing the secret recipe for this mouthwatering dish.
With a crispy herb crust and juicy chicken underneath, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends.
A Professional Recipe
To achieve the perfect combination of flavors and textures, the key is in the preparation. Start by marinating the chicken in a mixture of herbs, spices, and buttermilk for at least one hour.
Next, create the herb crust by combining breadcrumbs, a variety of herbs such as thyme, oregano, and rosemary, and grated Parmesan cheese. Press the chicken into the herb crust, coating it evenly on all sides. For a crispier crust, lightly spray the coated chicken with cooking spray.
Finally, bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Ingredients and preparation:
Now that we have covered the overall process, it’s time to delve into the specific ingredients and steps required to recreate this delectable herb crusted chicken recipe from Texas Roadhouse in the comfort of your own home.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
- – Chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs (whichever you prefer)
- – Buttermilk
- – Assorted herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary)
- – Salt and pepper
- – Bread crumbs
- – Grated Parmesan cheese
- – Cooking spray
1. Place the chicken in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag and pour enough buttermilk over it to fully submerge. Add a generous sprinkling of the assorted herbs, salt, and pepper. Marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and a dash of the assorted herbs. Mix well.
4. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade, allowing any excess to drip off. Press the chicken firmly into the bread crumb mixture, coating it evenly on all sides. For an extra crispy crust, lightly spray the coated chicken with cooking spray.
5. Place the coated chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Keep an eye on it toward the end to prevent overcooking.
6. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Pair it with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, for a complete Texas Roadhouse experience.
Tips to achieve the perfect herb crust
To ensure that your herb crusted chicken turns out just like Texas Roadhouse’s, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
When marinating the chicken, make sure to cover it with enough buttermilk and herbs to fully infuse the flavors. This step not only adds moisture to the chicken but also enhances its taste.
For the bread crumb mixture, use fresh bread crumbs for optimal results. You can make them by pulsing stale bread in a food processor. The addition of grated Parmesan cheese adds a savory richness to the crust.
To achieve a crispy crust, it is important to coat the chicken evenly with the bread crumb mixture. Firmly press the chicken into the mixture so that it adheres well.
Proper cooking time and temperature are crucial. Be sure to preheat your oven and adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the chicken is cooked through but still moist and tender. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Pairing suggestions for a complete meal
While the chicken is undoubtedly the star of the show, pairing it with the right sides and sauces can take your culinary experience to the next level.
When it comes to sides, think about incorporating some classic favorites that complement the flavors of the herb crusted chicken. For a fresh and vibrant touch, a crisp green salad with a zesty vinaigrette would be an excellent choice.
If you prefer something heartier, consider serving the herb crusted chicken with a side of mashed potatoes or creamy macaroni and cheese.
To enhance the flavors even further, why not whip up a batch of honey butter to accompany your meal? The sweetness of the honey will beautifully complement the savory herb crust and add a touch of indulgence to every bite.
Presenting your herb crusted chicken like a pro
Firstly, make sure each piece of chicken is evenly coated with the herb crust. This will give it a beautiful golden color and a satisfying crunch. If necessary, gently press the herbs into the chicken to ensure they adhere well.
When plating, consider using a white or neutral-colored dish to allow the vibrant colors of the chicken and accompanying sides to stand out.
Garnish your dish with fresh herbs or a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese for added visual interest and flavor. A simple drizzle of olive oil or a squeeze of lemon juice can also provide a finishing touch.
Remember, presentation is the first impression your guests will have of your dish, so take the extra time and effort to make your herb crusted chicken Texas Roadhouse recipe a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
Mastering the art of creating a delectable herb crusted chicken Texas Roadhouse recipe not only relies on the presentation but also on the cooking process itself.
From choosing the right cooking technique to determining the ideal cooking time, we will guide you through every step of the process.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to recreate the mouthwatering experience of dining at Texas Roadhouse, right in the comfort of your own home.